Friday, August 1, 2014

I Draws A Blanc

Specifically, a Richard Blanc.

He winds up with less, but I digress.

My purpose here -- besides showcasing another lowlife email scammer -- is to put on display the extent to which some scammers will go with fake documents to make themselves look and seem legit.

Even when anyone with four working brain cells should know that they're not.

Here's his opening gambit...on a scale of 1-10 (10 being not bad at all), he's a 2.5:


 
 
And more of the usual blah, blah, blah.  It isn't hard to see why this only rates as a 2.5 on my scale.

But what I want to show you here is the quality of documents he's employing to convince my character -- in this case, Jack N. Ewehoff -- that he is legit.  For example, his ID card (above).  Or his passport:

Then there are these three gems he sent me once my character had identified hisself:





Not bad, eh?
 
Of course, he couldn't keep up the quality when it came to the application letter he told me to send to the bank:
 
 
To the Attention: Mr. Edward Cooper
Executive Director ,Banque Atlantique Benin
Phone : + 229 688 32335
Contact E-mail:   
edward_cooper.banque@hotmail.com

Sir,

I am Jack N, Ewehoff from USA  One of your Foreign
Investors, I am writing to
confirm and know why my 2013 Annual Dividend Benefit valued at
US$5,500,000.00 has not yet been remitted to my bank account till date.

By this letter, I am applying and requesting  for remittance of my
2013 dividend benefit from Banque Atlantique Benin valued at
US$5,500,000.00 . My late application for this payment is due to other
subsequent projects I engagements.

Sir, your prompt response and attention to this letter will be highly
appreciated as I have already concluded other investment projects I
wish to embark with this dividend fund.

I will appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks
Jack N, Ewehoff
Ah yes...there's always that fall off once the original template strayed from.
 
As one can surmise, my character plays along at getting the business until it's time to allow Mr. Blanc a peek into the dubious character of my character.  Y'all know how that goes.  And unless Mr. Blanc proves amusingly stupid in how this inevitably ends, I'll spare you what you are quite used to by now:  how the game ends.
 
Which got a "WTF is up with that?" from my pet rock, Seymour...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Seymour is learning new phrases everyday isn't he? Bwahahahahahaha. WTF is right on the money.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. My very best to Seymour. :)

01 August, 2014 09:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home