Friday, November 12, 2010

He Knows If You've Been Bad...


I just knowd I'd saved this card for more than 20 years, for a reason.
As some of you may know, I let my pet rock, Seymour, take on a scammer that sent an offer to his email address. Vic(toria) Seaman, an alleged Darfur refugee, whose assasinated Pa had, afore he wuz kilt, put away $6.5 million USD for Vic(toria) in a Swiss bank for her. BUT -- don't you just hate the "BUT" when it crops into something that sounds too good to be true -- it was set up so that Vic(toria) Seaman couldn't access the cash without first enlisting the help of a foreigner "of good repute".
And that was where Seymour came in, of quartz...*ducking boos and throwd geodes*.
Granite *ducking agin*, Seymour's kinda new at this kinda thing. And they threw a full ensemble at him: Vic(toria) Seaman, refugee; Rev. John Leeds, Darfur refugee camp manager; Ms. Patty Cakes (really), Swiss banker; Dumu Iroko, bannister-at-law, Senegal; and later, Carmi Bebo, bannister-at-law, Senegal. But with a wee bit of my help now and then, Seymour managed to confuse the snarf out of Vic(toria) Seaman; get cursed by Rev. Leeds; piss off Ms Cakes; and get Iroko fired, resulting in Carmi Bebo being retained as legal counsel.
The emails are long and tortured, and Seymour's in enough trouble with his wind chime spouse, Windy, who doesn't know how scambaits work, and saw that Vic(toria) was referring to Seymour as her "future huband". More on that anuddah time.
At any rate, I'm not transcribing the whole scambait herein, especially since it's still ongoing; it'd take too long and be too tedious, between the moments of pure mirth. BUT -- do you sense a theme here? -- I did want to let you know, as well as Seymour, who's gonna get blamed for it, what I dun.
Since the second bannister gave me an address...and I had this Xmas card that I've held onto for over 20 years...well...*TOING*...even if the address given ain't legit...well...I printed a copy of it, and overseas airmailed it to Bebo. On behalf of all of them.
Yeah, I know: odds are, none of them will ever see it. Yeah, I know: I just wasted a few bucks (less than $4) to do that. Yeah, I know: it ain't Xmas time quite yet.
BUT -- you hadda know that was coming -- I just couldn't resist.
And best of all? They'll all think it came from Seymour.
"Did NOT!"
BUT they won't know that. Granite *ducking agin*, Santa will; BUT if anyone rates as 'bad' in his book....well....y'know. They'd all be wise to cover their chimneys, iffen they got 'em, a month and a half from now.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jack K. said...

ROTFLMAO.

At first I thought you might be joking about the names of Seymour's "esteamed" (sic) new friends. I gotta believe that they have been reading your e-mails, and the names you have chosen to respond.

You are a very kind person to remember those who probably can't even buy Xmas cards due to their impecuniousness. snerx.

Keep on keepin' on, dude.

WV: jokeste (really)

12 November, 2010 04:15  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to know Seymour is still around. It's been a while since you've mentioned him. Great card!

12 November, 2010 06:18  
Blogger Sandee said...

I love Seymour. He's so...so...like you. Bwahahahahaha.

I hope the card makes it to those thieves.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

12 November, 2010 08:54  
Blogger Right Truth said...

You could write a book on Seymour's adventures, sell it and make millions.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

12 November, 2010 12:11  
Anonymous Leeuna said...

Yay for Seymour. I hope they get the card. I'd love to see the face of the one who opens it. Hilarious!

12 November, 2010 13:05  
Blogger Unspoken said...

Seymore is of as good a repute as any pet rock I know :).

14 November, 2010 20:29  
Blogger Lawyer Mom said...

Holy night!

14 November, 2010 20:54  
Blogger Jenny said...

That Seymour knows how to rock a scam. He be the per-stone-ification of good repute.

20 November, 2010 10:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home