Thursday, September 12, 2013

Whatever Say You, Here's Mine

September 11, 2013.  For months, the media prattled about the "Million Muslim March" on the National Mall.  They got a permit.

Then came a response:  what started as the "Million Biker March"  organized to pay their respects to the victims of both 9/11/01 and 9/11/12, in Benghazi.

DC denied them a permit.

Call it political correctness or whatever you will, the symbolism went down poorly outside of the DC Beltway.

So the Bikers went ahead, anyway. 

Tax-paying, legally registered voting Americans -- many of them veterans and others just tired of being told that patriotism isn't cool if you're not on the left -- decided to exercise free speech and right of assembly, and the freedom to travel this great nation, from one end to the other.

Both groups made their appearances in DC on 9-11-13, to be sure.

What was billed as the "Million Muslim March" -- with their permit -- wound up looking pretty much like this:

And what suddenly snowballed and became the 2 Million Bikers To DC looked like this:

And this:

And this:

The lamestream media didn't give much coverage to the latter.  Not politically correct in their unprofessional, journalism-void eyes.

Now, whether or not 2 million bikers actually made the ride to DC is immaterial to me; there damned sure weren't anything close to a million Muslims who showed up.  At best...a few dozen?

America and the world took notice of both.  Oh yeah...they noted both appearances, to be sure.  But they especially noticed the latter.

Now..speaking only for me...I well remember the events of the morning of September 11, 2001; I listened to them as they unfolded.  I haven't forgotten the victims. The heroes.  Or the bastards that did it. 

I haven't forgotten September 11, 2012, either:  the victims, the inept response, and the bastards that did it. 

I will not forget September 11, 2013, for thanks to the internet I saw it all, as it unfolded. 

And I am damned proud of the Two Million Bikers To DC...from the organizers down to the last rider in and out of Washington, DC.

I'll always remember how they chose to remember 9/11/01.  And thank them for a truly awesome, respectful, American tribute.





 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

And I'll not forget the bastards that did it either. Ever.

I too was proud of all those bikers. I watched them off and on throughout the day. Awesome.

Have a terrific day my friend. My best to Seymour. ☺

12 September, 2013 09:40  
Blogger Jenny said...

The events of yesterday, and this post, warmed the cockles of my heart. You are a great patriot, Skunky. Seymour too.

God bless the United States of America and confound her enemies both foreign and domestic. Especially domestic.

12 September, 2013 12:22  
Blogger Right Truth said...

I would love to have been riding in that group with my hubby. But it was not possible with his schedule.

It is people like these bikers that will turn this nation around, hopefully.

I know some people think of bike riders as gang members etc., criminals, but that is just a tiny sub group.

Most are like us, average, working people, patriots, gun owners (yes I'm betting many of them were armed even though it was DC).

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

12 September, 2013 17:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post my friend. I quoted you on my show today on Blog Talk Radio. Yes, I do a show, called The New Wise Conservatism Radio Show, heard through Conservative Nation Media dot com. So you were given some advertisment today. The post is worth it.

14 September, 2013 19:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home