Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ads That Can't Adds Up

Not all of my emails come from overseas email scammers.  Some of the funny, ridiculous ones come from right here in the good ol' USA. 

From ad spammers.

Ad spammers that might wanna do perhaps a modicum of research before they try to tailor their ad to a specific locality.

Like Central City, Colorado.

I recently received an ad that said, and I quote, "Central City dealerships are offering Huge Deals on New Cars!". 

Really?

If some of you remember recently, I did an article about a sign that is posted within the town limits of Central City, on which you find interesting little tid bits about the City, and some of what it has to offer.  Here it is once more, for your perusal:

After your careful perusal of this particular sign, me thinks that you will find not one car dealership listed within the City of Central.  In fact, I am reasonably certain that there are no car dealerships to be found within the County of Gilpin, wherein the City of Central is located.

*BONK BONK* to the stupid ad spammer.

Now might this be an opportunity for a budding entremanure to seize, and make an opportunity from a void?

I think not.

However, were there to be such an effort, I reckon it might just resemble this h'yar from my photo archives of past photos taken that might, one day, have some degree of use, though at the time I took this, I doubted it:

And on this lot, a selection of (badly) used autos for every type of motorist who has no immediate plans of mobility:


Here, a certified mechanic gives a run down on a truly run down fixer-upper in the lot's "economy" section.  Fixer up and blast her out of the lot.  Maybe.

Yeah, I was pretty amused by the ad spammer's idea that Central City car dealerships had huge savings awaiting customers.

*BUZZZZZER*  Maybe a misled customer will have better luck with Toothless Eddie's Burro Emporium & Pot Shop, in Nederland....  

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

I drove that vehicle in the last shot for years. I was so poor. Bwahahahahahaha.

Have a terrific day. My best to Seymour. :)

13 November, 2012 09:16  
Blogger Right Truth said...

That must be a franchise of those car dealerships. I know I've seen several of them on our many motorcycle rides across parts of the US.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

13 November, 2012 15:25  
Anonymous leeuna said...

wow. cool ride. I used to have one like that. It got stolen. Wait until you start getting spam ads for cheap pot.

14 November, 2012 22:44  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Leeuna: at least those will have a basis in economic fact. Central City already has 2-3 medicial pot dispensaries....

14 November, 2012 23:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home