Monday, April 9, 2012

The Cyber Dating Game



I am baaaaad. Vewy, VEWY baaaaaad.

Received this rather well-writted email from an alleged female of alleged eastern Euro descent, who wants me:

Hello,

My name is Olga Shevashevski,How are you doing?I am sorry to encroach into your privates in this manner, I find it pleasurable to offer you my friendship and possible more.I saw your profile today and became interested in you. Please I want to be a close with and a close confident friend with you, and i have all that it take to make you happy and contended with me. i would love to have communication with you.lets know each other better and i will sendyou my photoes and tell you more about my me that i is saved for a man like
you. I now live in Kiev but i am for a man of your world. I know that when
my photoes you see you will see what i am bring to you my love.
As soon as i get a mail from you i will send you my photoes to you so that
you can know me ok!!! i will like to be a very good with you, i am waiting
to have you in my box.thanks.Thank you.Olga

As I said...my is bad. Vewy, VEWY bad.

I've started receiving some what I'm taking as Russian bride scam emails again. Yeah, I know it's not necessarily a good thing to 'profile'. In the internet world, an email can come from anywhere. But when they come with the name "Olga Schevashevski", claim to be "from Kiev", and have an email ending in "dating.ru", I think I have at least a shred of evidence to base an opinion upon.

The email was nothing I hadn't seen before, nor was the well-written prose new to me. And even though I don't have any kind of "approved by me" profiles for dating on any site, and even though the email didn't come specifically addressed to me, or to any other of the several dozen 'undisclosed recipients', I decided to draft not a reply...but a suggested edit and rewrite.

Granted, "Olga" didn't send me a picture with the original email, though she promised to when I responded, I felt it righteous to fix that omission in her otherwise very convincing* email that seeks cyberlurve**, when I did a little suggestive "creative editing" of her missive, and returned it to her and two dozen of her a-sordid friends and colleagues. After all, doesn't a photo that fits the email tend to help the 'context'?

I think it do:

From: Olga Schevashevski mpoescu@dating.ru

To:

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 4:55 PM

Subject: Hello
Hello,

My name is Olga Shevashevski, How are you doing? I am sorry to encroach into your privates in this manner, I find it pleasurable to offer you my very experienced sexual favors and my very broked in vaginal cavity for things you can imagine. I hopes you imagines with gusto and innovation, because I can fit one half of a Yugo in there.
Yes, I can.
It not that i no find love here. But i am tired of sex with yaks.

I saw your profile today and became interested in you. Please I want to be a nymphomaniacal f**k buddy and a close confident friend with your wallet, and i have all that it take to make you happy and contended with me for at least long enough i hopes to empty your wallet and bank accounts. i would love to have communication with you.lets know each other better and i send you my photoes and tell you more about my me that i is saved for a man like you. I send you one photoe to make you appetite for more.
I now live in Kiev but i am for a man who can appreciate my experience but not too soon. I know that when my photoes you see you will see what i am bring to you.
As soon as i get a mail from you i will send you more my photoes to you so that you can know me ok!!! i will like to be a very good with you, i am waiting to have you in my box. It need some lubricating before it fall out to my knees again.

I hate when that happen.

thanks

Olga

I haven't heard back from "Olga", but I wonder if she's gotten any hits from her two dozen friends and colleagues? Perhaps I have brought together to lost, wandering souls seeking love in cyberscamspace?

*Snort*

* uh huh...

** of any respondent's bank account

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Right Truth said...

"... sorry to encroach into your privates..." I thought the idea of the email was to encroach into your privates .... (well at least your financial privates).

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

09 April, 2012 07:06  
Blogger Sueann said...

Ha! Ha! "have you in my box"??? OMG!! You were very very bad!!!
Hugs
SUeAnn

09 April, 2012 08:33  
Blogger Sandee said...

All she really wants is your money, and it's probably some guy that sent this to you. I get these all the time and I often want to respond by telling them I'm female, but I never do.

Have a terrific day. :)

09 April, 2012 12:03  
Blogger Serena said...

Yep, it do. LOL!:-)

09 April, 2012 15:04  
Blogger Seane-Anna said...

Oh, please! Olga Shevashevski? A real Russian woman would almost certainly be surnamed ShevashevskAYA, since "aya" is the feminine ending Russian demands for last names. And I seriously doubt if a .ru website would originate in Kiev, which is in UKRAINE, not Russia! If you're gonna be a scammer, at least be a smart scammer. Sheesh!

11 April, 2012 21:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home