Sunday, June 27, 2010

Storm Chasing in Scamland -- Preramble


So far, stormchasing in Colorado has NOT been my friend, regarding my schedule this season.
However, stormchasing online has come to me in a veritable deluge.
At present, I am:
- working on getting a scammer to make a third trip to Western Union in whatever Third World country this buffoon is working from; he's already pissed after the second visit, and I may not be able to con him into the third, though I -- or rather Jack -- is trying.
- dealing with an alleged 23 year old "refugee" bride-wannabe from Senegal, who has $5.5 million USD to offer as her "fortune" (see faux document at right), and has three accomplices working me as well.
- in the process of being qualified for a "loan" from a UK-based "bank" that offers 2% loans "anywhere in the world" up to $10,000,000 USD, and with "rasonable terms", too. I -- er -- Jack Ewehoff asked for $10 to cover lunch; but the way I wrote it ("I want $10Ok?) led them to "offer" me $100k. The processing fee is the trap, and I'm working on that one now ;-)
- I was notified by TEH Google that I'd won $500k in their world-wide promotional contest. Right now, the impasse isn't the information I submitted *snort*, but the fact that they offered me two options to receive the money: go get it, or have it delivered by courier. They want me to accept the latter (so they can pull the Western Union shipping fee gambit), and I am insisting on going and gittin' it (not really, but if I could sucker them to go meet me at London's Heathrow, holding a big sign saying "Jack N. Ewehoff", I'd contact a scambaiter over there for the photo-op).
- and lastly, I am being ordered by the US Secret Service NOT to deal with certain scammers they claim have been identified by them and arrested; instead I am to deal with the US Secret Service's verified source to collect my $3.6 million USD from a location overseas. Since James West and Artemus Gordon are in permanent TVLand retirement, guess I gotta handle this 'un.
It's the time of year I'm hoping for mesocyclonic thunderstorms in my area -- and on my available schedule -- and all I'm getting is cyberdumbass predictive email storms. Oh well....we take what we can git ;-)
Future episodes pending.
PS: five years ago this month, Skunkfeathers began this blog. How many folks do YOU KNOW who have left a five year, 500+ entry evidence trail of undeniable time-wasting?

11 Comments:

Blogger Sueann said...

HA! Congrats on your five years!! That is definitely something to be proud of!! And to be in contact with the US Secret Service...well I am impressed! James and Artemus would be proud of you as well as the A-Team and those on Leverage!!
Congrats again
Hugs
SueAnn

27 June, 2010 03:41  
Blogger Jack K. said...

First-Congratulations on five years of impeccable time-wasting. It puts you in the annals of professional time-waster. Keep up your good works.

Second-Quit worrying about storms. They will get you when you least expect it. So, be prepared.

Third-During a short stint at the US Army Criminal Investigation Crime Laboratory I was introduced to questionable documents. I am not an expert, but then it doesn't take one to realize that both signature on the document purported to be issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland were written by the same person.

Fourth-Fugar? Now that is an interesting name. However, not nearly as inventive nor amusing as the ones you have coined.

Fifth-Johnny Walker Gold Label if you please.

27 June, 2010 05:44  
Blogger Unknown said...

Priceless! You've been doing thsi for 5 years!!! I love it. I can't believe you actually get those idiots to respond to your emails. Too funny.

27 June, 2010 06:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a busy, busy boy of late! Hope the storm-chasing adventures catch up with the scambaiting ones!

27 June, 2010 13:24  
Anonymous Leeuna said...

Happy 5th Bloggiversary, Skunk. And our last home loan came with "rasinable rates". Should I be worried?

27 June, 2010 17:53  
Blogger Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, Skunk...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! But I must beg to differ...it has not been time wasting...you are an extraordinary writer with a fantastic sense of humor...and you delight ALL of us with your posts!! So...Here's to another 5!!! I lift my glass and toast the excellence of this blog and its blogger! Hugs, Janine XO

28 June, 2010 17:35  
Blogger Seane-Anna said...

Hey Skunky! Haven't seen you around lately. Hope you're ok.

29 June, 2010 22:02  
Blogger Lawyer Mom said...

Just wait for the BP claims scams!

30 June, 2010 16:28  
Blogger Monica said...

Wow, kudos to you on the 5 year mark. How on earth did you ever begin blogging...oh wait, Seymour just reminded me...I kinda dragged you into it.. yeah, right. LOL.

30 June, 2010 17:20  
Blogger Monica said...

P.S. Albert will be sending you some pics over the weekend of Windy in her bridal veil. :)

30 June, 2010 17:21  
Blogger Herb said...

Congrats, Skunkman!! I am impressed as always by your ability to bait scammers. As far as baiters go, I think you are truly a master.

01 July, 2010 07:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home