Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And The Winner Isn't...


Me.
I know...you came to find out how I fared with the latest scambait. It's still in the works.
And I know you came for a dose of humor, or at least what I poorly pass off as such.
Not today.
Today, you read about how I heartlessly key on a simple gaffe, and (maybe) hurt some feelings.
I think.
The apartment complex I choose to reside in (when I want to impress someone with my substandard of living, I refer to my place as a 'luxury efficiency'), has a pretty proactive management team. Among their proactivities, is a monthly "rent reduction" drawing. Granted, it ain't much, but "ain't much" is appreciated by the winner.
Which in almost 10 years, I have never been. I think it's rigged, but I digress.
Anyway, in keeping with the times, the management folks quit publishing their monthly news/activity letters on 20th Century paper, and started emailing them at the end of '09. Well today, I get an email from the property office, headed up "Free Rent Winner Announcement".
I didn't even know there was a contest of such. Not that it matters; I never win this sh** anyway. Still, curiosity led me to read on.
To nothing. The email was blank after the title.
*TOING* I do hate when I hear that. It always means I'm about to do/write something stupid in cyberland.
Of course, I was just tryin' to be hepful. I didn't want to be left in suspense, along with 16 buildings' worth of tenants, and the management folks themselves. So I...uh...filled out the empty email, and sent it back.
Ruh-roh.
Here's what ah dun wrote in the blank email, under the heading:
...and the unannounced winner is....*drum roll*......
(a) everybody
(b) nobody
(c) somebody
(d) I....ain't got no...bo-dy...
(e) fill in the blank (use someone else's name, please)
(f) someone whose last name ends in "quackenwaffle"
(g) this has been a test of the (Apt Name) April Fools system...this was only a test. Had this been an actual announcement, there would have been a name..
(h) Google ate our winner...bad search engine...very bad...
(i) What, you thought we were Publisher's Clearing House? Bwhahahaha..
(j) Aliens from the planet Flatus Phffftteruptus have taken over our email system. Anyone know what they're saying?
You may return now to your regular email. If this IS akin to your regular email, put down the keyboard/iphone/blackberry, and back slowly away.
Judging from the ominous silence from the management office, I have a feeling I didn't win this time, either.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sueann said...

Aww! It is rigged I tell ya! Too bad they didn't get back to you and tell ya it was you!!! Ha!
Flatus Phffftteruptus huh?? LOL!!
Maybe next month?
Or the month after?
or after that?
Well, sometime or other?
Hugs
SueAnn

08 June, 2010 02:51  
Blogger The Dental Maven said...

Don't fret Skunk! There's still time yet. But The Maven's curious...did you send that "reply to all?" Cuz that would be AWESOME!

08 June, 2010 05:32  
Blogger Unknown said...

Reply All was my first question, too!

08 June, 2010 06:53  
Blogger Sandee said...

Bwahahahahaha. Now this is rich. Just saying.

Have a terrific day. :)

08 June, 2010 10:41  
Blogger Herb said...

Ummm...yer genius-ship, just a small question, really, but did it just go to one of those e-mail boxes that don't go anywhere. "Reply All" would, of course, be classic, but would they be stupid enough to put everyone's address in the "to" box rather than do a bcc they probably deserve the reply to be sent out to everyone. "Pandemonium ensues when Skunkfeathers replies to an e-mail in his own inimitable style and manner. Good post. I should try posting on my blog sometime. What an idea...

08 June, 2010 10:49  
Blogger Lawyer Mom said...

Bummer, man. Make them tell you who won the damn thing. Make them produce records for each and every contest they have held in the past.

08 June, 2010 21:07  
Blogger Sniffles and Smiles said...

ROFL.............But as far as I'm concerned, your writing is a WINNER EVERYTIME!!!!! You're the BEST!!!!! Btw, I send my deepest sympathy. I never win anything either. Hugs, Janine

10 June, 2010 14:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Skunk,

I want to make your day. Classic Liberal and the Hippy Conservative must be on vacation or campaigning for somebody somewhere. At any rate... I promise you that if you click this... you will smile. Just remember who told you that there is no lazy eye in team.

http://www.beholdaredhorse.com/2010/06/win-by-al-greene-in-democratic-senate.html

10 June, 2010 15:26  
Blogger Right Truth said...

I see a lawsuit or perhaps the ACLU being called in, ha.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

11 June, 2010 09:56  
Blogger Monica said...

I'm sure the management office has "witnessed" your humor before. Still, an empty email really is an invitation especially with a subject line like that.

14 June, 2010 08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home