Friday, June 18, 2010

A Vitameatavegamin Moment In Email



Advertisers -- whatever it is they are advertising, promoting, etc -- should really look closely at their product before it goes out on the 'Net.
Really.
Some of you may remember the TV classic I Love Lucy. Among the many classic show themes, was the episode wherein Lucy (Lucille Ball) tried to become a TV pitchwoman for a liquid vitamin product. And after numerous takes, she was blitzed on it.
Well, I think I got an email equivalent the other day.
An email from someone whose name was probably selected for them from an alphabet soup can (Alqowey Seti), sent me what was possibly an email advertisement. Or a phishing scam. Or gawd only knows what.
Start by reading the email title, quoted here exactly as received:
Email Title: We are pround to prevert yow our wem rifk free and effected pain-killibgv dwug!
The recession must be hitting the Warner Brothers folks pretty hard, for Elmer Fudd to have to resort to online spamming to make sketchings meet.
The body of the email was not much longer, and had a link therein to click on. Of course, after an email title like above, you can't wait to read what the email has to say:
do yov enjow the tolthack that has beed keptiny yoy awak all knigh long? Cick here fore pain relift: http://bracketstudios.com/
I think the email (de)composer h'yar has been sampling a bit too much of the "pain-killibgv dwug" before trying to cyberslut it via spam.
And no, I didn't click the link; not sure what kind of cyber viral crap might be awaiting on the other end.
But I did deign to reply to it; never let a good email reply opportunity get away.
Dear Alqowey Seti,
First, did your parents name you, or is that how your name came out AFTER sampling your company's wares? Just curious.
Laddie, I would suggest that use of your advertised product by your emailers, during the (de)composition of an product-endorsing email, is cause for some company-wide drug testing. In any event, I am advising you that I cannot, in good conscience, click on your link or buy your product. I need what few working brain cells I have, and your junk appears to have kilt those of your employees. Just sayin'.
Jack N. Ewehoff
As usual, if a reply is received -- and I doubt it -- I expect we'll find out if Alqowey or Elmer has come down off of whatever they were *baDOINKed* on or not.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Dental Maven said...

Well, i guess that's what you get from a bunch of Pround Preverts!

18 June, 2010 06:00  
Blogger Unknown said...

You cracke me up! lol

18 June, 2010 08:48  
Blogger Sandee said...

I love your sign off. Jack N. Ewehoff. And you are too.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

18 June, 2010 08:59  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Bwahahahaha!

Go gettem, Jack E.

wv:preepia

18 June, 2010 13:07  
Blogger Sniffles and Smiles said...

"The recession must be hitting the Warner Brothers folks pretty hard, for Elmer Fudd to have to resort to online spamming to make sketchings meet."~~Absolutely classic!! You do beat all, dear Skunk!!! Love this, and can't wait to see what comes of your genius!!! Hugs, Janine

18 June, 2010 21:28  
Blogger Unspoken said...

The recession must be hitting the Warner Brothers folks pretty hard, for Elmer Fudd to have to resort to online spamming to make sketchings meet.

HAH! I copy an pasted this to find Janine likes this quote too :). This just cwacked me up!

20 June, 2010 07:01  
Blogger Serena said...

Oh, my God, just when you think you've seen it all. I'm sitting here LMAO.:)

20 June, 2010 16:21  
Blogger Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just popping by to wish you a happy weekend, my friend!! Hugs, Janine

21 June, 2010 16:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home