Thursday, October 30, 2008

Guest Blogger: Bob McCarty Writes


Anyone who reads this blog knows that I am not supporting Barack Obama in 2008. My reasons are ideological and policy-based, though I'm told that my lack of support makes me all kinds of a bad, greedy, mean-spirited person.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Even a moron who thinks like that, but I digress.
But unlike some folks who disagree with me ideologically, I have an ethical line I won't cross, politics be damned. And so does one of my fellow bloggers, and fellow conservatives, Bob McCarty.
A few days ago, Bob received an email solicitation from a person purporting to be a Kenyan journalist who writes for a couple US-based online publications. This person claimed to have a source that had positive proof of Obama's muslim connections, something Obama denies. He offered this "very valuable private and confidential damning info about Senator Barack Obama that may tilt the stakes in the presidential election and change the course of American history" to Bob because he felt it important to get the truth out about "BO" (as he referred to him), and because "BO's people" in the Kenyan Intelligence services were trying to silence opposition and get back the positive proof of "BO's" muslim background.
Oh yeah...and for a little cash, of course...*TOING*.
Bob -- a gifted entrepreneur, writer and political analyst -- smelled a rat. So he contacted me, a scambaiting "rat sniffer", whose played with a scammer or two in my time. And instead of taking the bone in our teeth and running to the world shouting, "SEE??? SEE???", like Moron.org, Dan Rather, Reuters or the NYT have been apt to do with other faked information, we decided to take a different tact. Together, we decided to let this fellow think we were buying into what had all the textbook makings of a scam.
Today (Thursday, October 30 2008), Bob McCarty Writes publishes the entire story (and scambait). Read it HERE.
It was a hoot, folks. And it gave me a chance to reprise my "talefone voice frum Coffee Barf III -- Son of Starbucks, y'all".

4 Comments:

Blogger Right Truth said...

Great job Skunkfeathers. You were the right man for the job.

As I told Bob, wouldn't this have been great if the Koran was legit???

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

30 October, 2008 13:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How hilarious! You did a good job there Skunk. As usual. :)

30 October, 2008 15:24  
Blogger Little Lamb said...

I don't trust Obama.

McCain/Palin 08

I hope you don't consider that spam. If you do, let me know. I put that McCain/Palin 08 in the comment section on another blog and was told they considered that spam. Of course, they're voting for Obama.

30 October, 2008 19:17  
Blogger Jenny said...

Scambaiting ratsniffer, LOLOLOL! Fantastic. I'll have to check tht out. You guys rule.

NOBAMA '08

30 October, 2008 20:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home