Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gotz No Bananas


The phone rings a lot these days. I reckon it's primarily political stuff. Generally, I let my voice mail message handle things.
Occasionally, I don't. That's when my *bad Skunk* usually kicks in. More on that in a mo'.
Since my phone message of late is a bogus 9-1-1 "number has been changed to a non-published number" message, few messages are left, so it does pretty well when I wish to be left phone alone.
But sometimes, my curiosity gets the better of me. Like the other night. After a long, arduous day at work, I arrive home to a ringing phone. Which stops. And then, a minute later, starts again, perhaps suggesting a persistent telemarketer or bill collector, unknowingly calling a wrong number. I get a lot of those these days.
In the case of the latter, if I answer it, I quickly advise them it's a wrong number, I ain't Quido Sarducci, and that's that.
This particular night, I came home widda bit of a 'tude.
*TOING*
I answer it*. The following is a from-memory transcript:
Me: *in my Chinese voice* So sorry, got no banana.
Whoever: *sound of some kind of call center; voices* Hello?
Me: Herroooo.....so sorry, got no banana.
Whoever: Uh...hello? I am trying to reach *some spanish surnamed person*
Me: *switching to my really bad Cheech and Chong, hispanic accented voice* No habla gots
banana.
Whoever: Uh..sir. I am trying to reach a Jose Rodrigas...
Me: *maintaining the hispanic accent* No habla gots banana.
Whoever: Sir, I don't have time..
Me: No habla time telling banana.
Whoever: Sir! I want to speak to..
Me: No habla time telling banana.
Whoever: *speaking to someone in background*...Sir, just answer my question. Are you..
Me: No habla banana que.
Whoever: *sits and listens for a moment*...Are you Jose Rodrigas?
Me: No habla Rodrigas banana que.
Whoever: *raises his voice* SIR, THIS IS NOT..
Me: BAW-NAN-NAAAAAAAAAAAAA...que?
*Sound of phone hanging up on other end*
I can't speak for this Jose Rodrigas dude, but the caller, he gots no baw-nan-naaaaaa.
Que?
* Disclaimer: no dolphins, spotted owls or dodos were harmed during this phone conversation. Your results may vary. Platypus farts substituted for espanoel are perfectly non sequitur. 2-for-1 specials not applicable. Dealer prep and options extra, see your hoax and change dealer for nothing that matters here. Side affects during such calls may include ear wax curdling, collosal conglomerated masses of solidified mucus leaks, hair on one's teeth and persistent arm pit flatulence. If you experience any of the aforementioned, hang up and call America's Got Talent to request an audition.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sueann said...

No hablo banana!! Ha!!
Wonder what trouble Jose is in??
Hugs
SueAnn

10 October, 2010 02:28  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the line Jerry Seinfeld uses. When he gets a soliciting phone call, he says, "I'm busy right now. Could you give me your home number so I could call you back later at home?" Caller usually says something like, "I don't want you to call me at home." Seinfeld replies, "Neither do I!" and hangs up.

10 October, 2010 07:48  
Blogger Right Truth said...

You've got more patience that I do. I get a call like that I just hand up. My hubby get a few of the same calls, by the third one he is chewing out the person on the other end.

Unfortunately most calls start out as robo calls, with a computer voice on the other end. You get no joy from trying to chew out a computer.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

10 October, 2010 14:59  
Blogger Lawyer Mom said...

Will you record my cell phone greeting?

13 October, 2010 20:26  
Blogger Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, my sides hurt...and your disclaimer is as funny as the post!!!! I think a bad skunk is a brilliant one!!!!! Love your sense of humor, my friend!!! Happy smiles and hugs to you, Janine

14 October, 2010 12:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home