Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Skunk Five Years Later

No frills here; Monica's recent post on concerning stories of the "backdoor draft" -- something which I personally oppose for those who've done their service and thensome -- coupled with an upcoming anniversary, prompted me to repost a column I wrote and posted on my website on September 13, 2001.

Except for an updated note at the beginning, the column says it as I said it then, and there's nothing I would say different, five years later.

'Nuff said, and hyar it tis.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cellania said...

You're such a good writer, whether you are being serious or not. You should do a book. Really.

22 August, 2006 20:09  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Hard to believe it was 5 years ago.
I agree with Miss C. That was a well written post..
Hugs

23 August, 2006 03:15  
Blogger Monica said...

Well said. You're right. FDR wouldn't have tolerated it and Bush was a wonderful leader for us amid all the shock, confusion and anger of September 11.

I realize more and more that I'm speaking as a mother when it comes to this...35,000 marines being recalled?

Yeah, I'm a mom first. :)

Great post, friend.

23 August, 2006 05:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The backdoor draft is BULL and SHITE.
If you've done your time...they need to LEAVE you alone. What's next? Taking 10 year old boys and getting them ready cause it's going to be a "long war."
Ohhh don't get me started, and as you know, I'm a former Marine. Fortunately, I served 7 years and have been out since 1986. They don't want me.

24 August, 2006 19:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home