Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It's A Really Mad World






And I don't refer to the 1963 star-studded movie.

I haven't weighed in with a political opinion of late; I'm not going for now, since I tend to run askance in my philosophy to some of my regularly-visited bloggers. But I am going to say that the current cycle of violence in the Middle East is having far-reaching, ripple effects beyond just our world.

The animals have taken note.

Not that animals weren't well versed on the cycle of violence, long before the old king of predators (Tyrannosaurus Rex and like critters) gave way to another predator of even more innovative stripe (homo sapien). Predators of all species have existed for millennia, having taken (and continuing to in many cases) their respective tolls on the preyed-upon in Nature's vast buffet line of evolution and consumption. All that evolving predators and prey lacked was the ability to develop, produce and deploy, vastly more sophisticated methods of attack and defense.

No more. Thanks to cable and satellite TV, not only do our nation's enemies know what we're doing and thinking; so now do the animals. No doubt fueled by PETA and other animal rights groups, a new arms race is underway.

Photos can speak volumes*. 'Nuff said.

* photos from www.metacafe.com, and taken no doubt at great personal risk, by human photographers risking all to tell it like it is or maybe isn't (with CNN and the NYT, who knows anymore); no footnotes (or other body parts) were provided to indicate that photos were posed, or if bribery with sufficient trail mix/bird seed/kangaroo stuff was required to keep the animo-terrorists from firing instead of posing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Those Aussie animals really got it going, ya know? But the squirrel on the bottom gives me the creeps!

26 July, 2006 10:24  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

MC: 'specially if he figures out to (a) pull the pin and (b) throw the grenade. If he just takes and buries it for later...it's gonna be a looooong winter for him...

26 July, 2006 13:32  
Blogger Monica said...

those are so cute except when you think about what they are holding.

I'm with you about my opinion...I always tell people I'm a mom first. Not JUST a mom, you understand...but a mom first.

26 July, 2006 14:02  
Blogger Herb said...

Crazy Critters. I would like to hear your opinions, though.

27 July, 2006 19:19  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I really enjoyed these pictures...
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs

27 July, 2006 19:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do I get me a grenade launching prarie dog? I'm thinking a few of those on the front lawn would keep my "favorite" neighbor away.

27 July, 2006 19:58  
Blogger Karen said...

The photos are funny, knowing that they're not real, but imagining the weapons in our every-day life is frightening.

On the other hand, the Caddy Shack gopher would have had fun with Carl with some of those weapons. ;-)

28 July, 2006 06:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos.
How freaking wonderful
I always wanted to see the little prairie dogs armed and ready to take on their nemesis.

28 July, 2006 07:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home