Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Far East Fun With Seymour and Jane II



I sorta hate surprises. Though, some can kind of grow on you, with time. And fertilizer (of which I'm full of, depending who you ask).

In Part I, my pet rock Seymour and pet earette of corn Jane, were guests of humor columnist Amy Chavez, who lives on Shiraishi Island, in the Inland Sea, Japan.

Seymour wanted to spend a summer with Amy at the Moooo! Bar; both he and Jane received a personal invite from Amy when she visited stateside in March.

Already, my rock and earette of corn have logged more international travel miles than I may ever, but I digress.

At any rate, Amy had kept me apprised of their adventures -- at the Moooo! Bar, on the beach, Seymour's shrine travels, etc -- save for one. One which apparently took place during a break in the photography at the beach. And one which came like a cannon shot in the night with an email announcement:

I was gonna be a godfather.

"What the hell does their visiting Japan have to do with me and a pizza?", was my first thought. Before I could get very far in practicing up the appropriate badda bing badda booms and other relevant phrases, the *TOING* of realization came through.

Seymour knocked up Jane. So to speak.

Apparently, Seymour was quite...er..."loaded". Or Jane was quite fertile. The above photo shows only a fraction of her and Seymour's eighteen budding brood.

So much for my "birds and the bees" lecture to Seymour before departing. Apparently, it was like talking to a rock.

*TOING*

At any rate, Jane and Seymour's brood have three godparents (so far): their host, Amy Chavez; Seymour's Texas flame, Monica; and, of course, the sucker what got this whole situation rolling in the first place...moi.

Mamas
don't let your babies grow up
to meet pet rocks...

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations, Skunk!!! Wow, what a wonderful surprise. Now, I know it's a shock (it sure was to me!!!) but this will be a good thing! I wonder which one it will look like... I'd like to send a gift, please let me know where the baby is registered ;-)

Can I be an auntie??

14 June, 2006 14:05  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Greetings and good wishes on your blessed event. Jane is lookig a little worn out, though. Is she alright?

14 June, 2006 17:03  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Congratulations! I see some kernals are missing. Have a great day!

14 June, 2006 18:48  
Blogger Cow Lady said...

Just wanted you all to know that we have been sharing Jane's joy and are celebrating by giving out kernals. Many people have now planted Janes around the world. If you'd like a kernal, let me know and I'll send one your way! Amy, Host Parent

14 June, 2006 23:21  
Blogger Monica said...

Tell Amy I want one! I also want to know if there will be a little baptism...I can send out the invitations!

A godmother...imagine, I became a godmother to kernals before a grandmother to babies...geez.

And Skunk? Let's put someone else in charge of "the talk" from now on, okay? :)

15 June, 2006 08:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Perhaps you won't let your godchildren galavant all over the globe without educating them on the facts of life.

15 June, 2006 08:51  
Blogger Cow Lady said...

Oh yes, I am happy to send out kernals--spread the Janedom! However, I thought Skunkfeathers might like to know that Jane is growing up very fast, maybe a little too fast. As a matter of fact, she just got screwed! And it wasn't by Seymour. As a matter of fact, Seymour stood by with his eyes covered.
http://dailymoooo.blogspot.com/2006/06/jane-gets-her-ear-pierced.html
Of course, we don't want to attract any media attention, so we are merely referring to this event as Jane's "ear piercing."

16 June, 2006 18:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home