Sunday, April 30, 2006

April Madness at Wahl-mart

I couldn't let the month of April get by without revisiting one of my April columns of 2005, and join in the pile-on of Wahl-mart.

Sort of.

Actually ambivalent about what Wahl-mart does or doesn't, I was more interested in what was happening with a then (and still) controversy wracking sports -- steroid use -- and how it had found it's way into the seemingly harmless, cutesy world of the Wahl-mart cost-cutting 'spot' icon.

Prepare yourself for a gripping, poignant tale, told in true 'April' fashion, right hyar.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the enlightenment... I didn't know about "Spot" and the steroid use. I'm sure Sam would be clawing at the lid.

I watched a movie/documentary in Business Communication about what Wal-Mart had become and I've seen it all in a new light.

01 May, 2006 05:37  
Blogger Monica said...

I did some comparison shopping just to NOT give WalMart all my money one Christmas...but seriously...I could buy for THREE more people just by shopping there. It really was an eye opener...especially when you're on a budget.

01 May, 2006 12:07  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Funny! Wish I had seen this column earlier, I could've use it on this post!

01 May, 2006 22:42  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

Interesting. I'll have to read that - I hadn't read about this...

03 May, 2006 14:14  
Blogger Monica said...

xkso Walmart got you that messed up that you can't post in May? Do I need to bug you on the phone again? HUH?

04 May, 2006 13:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home