Saturday, May 6, 2006

Yep...She Dun It


Yep...she dun it.

I wasn't gonna say anything about it; but since she already did...

Not being much of a phone person, I don't make a lot of calls. I had, but no longer have, a cell phone that was so little used, it forgot what its' own number was.

But on this particular day, I 'dropped a dime' (fits the era in the photo, not nowadays) to Monica's cell phone. Which she answered. At the mall.

With FoN.

While we chatted about this and that, FoN -- discernible in the background and ever-eager to get on with the shopfest -- made it clear that delay wasn't getting the money spent. At which point, Monica 'realized she was missing something'.

Her cell phone.

A moment later she found it.

Right next to her ear.

I was a gentleman. Sort of. I didn't laugh. Not immediately.

Granted, we're all forgetful at one time or another. I know folks who 'lose' their glasses, only to find them perched on top of their haid. Missing keys in plain sight are a problem for many. I've been known to get up to get something from another room, only to forget what it was I was going after when I get there.

So misplacing a cell phone next to ones' ear is...*resisting a LOLfest*...unique. I have to admit, it's a first for me: talking to someone who's using the very thing they can't find.

Wait 'til I tell Seymour and Jane about this 'un.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I was on the phone with Monica (she knew where her phone was) while I decided to see if you wrote *your side* of this...and I read it to her so she *knows.*

What a riot!

Monica says dinner is on YOU, whether it's on your head or you're paying for it ;-)

06 May, 2006 16:42  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

Ha.

I've "lost" my phone when it was clipped on my jean pocket but never lost it while talking on it.

06 May, 2006 21:29  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Iffen she hadn't speaked about it first, I might notten of... ;-)

If dinner's gonna be 'on' me, literally, all she gets is popcorn LOL...

07 May, 2006 04:01  
Blogger Monica said...

"SHE" being in the third person is well aware that all will be forgiven by Seymour because he is truly smitten with me.

I thought the whole thing funny...had to be honest with you at the time...if we can't laugh at ourselves, why let someone else? Or something like that.

Anyway, I want more than popcorn...geez, have some respect for Jane, will you?

08 May, 2006 08:54  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Witnessing moments like this is one of life's gifts. I have looked all over for glasses that I was wearing, but this tops that anyday!

08 May, 2006 22:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home