Monday, August 27, 2012

Stat's Wazzup

Another wee break from my abuse of email scammers, by taking a look into the Google/Blogger mirror, to see where this blog has gone since it's humble beginnings in June of 2005.

The sign to the right probably sums it up nicely.

No, I've never been to Brooklyn.  But I reckon someone from Brooklyn has been heah, y'know whadda mean?

I don't go out of my way to generate traffic, so it's of no great surprise that I've only had just under 68,000 page views since this blog began.  I'm sure Nigeria gets more page views, when people do a word search such as "419 email scams", "Mariam Abacha", or "number of flushing toilets in Lagos".

It will probably come as no surprise that the vast majority of searches leading here are via Google, or that the most used search platforms are Chrome and Internet Explorer.  It will also probably come as no surprise that more than half of all page visits have originated right here in the US.

But I was amused as I perused the 'audience' feature of my stat counter.  There was the 'Now' counter, the 'Today' counter, the 'Week' counter, 'Month' and 'All Time' counters.  Again, as would come as no surprise, visits by US based web surfers were number 1 in all categories.  For example, today's top 10 visitors to this page came from, in order:  USA, India, Ukraine, Germany, UK, Australia, France, Russia, Brazil and Greece.

Which proves that, at least today, not everyone in Greece is broke.

For the week, the top ten were the USA, UK, India, Ukraine, Australia, Germany, France, Canada, Russia and...are you ready for this....Nigeria.

Considering the subject material most posted here -- email scams -- I'm surprised that Nigeria isn't a more frequent page visitor.  I certainly piss enough of them off by playing and/or rewriting their scam letters.

For the month, the top ten runs the USA, UK, India, France, Germany, Russia, Canada, Australia, Ukraine, and the Netherlands.

Holland sneaks in there quite possibly because of a joke I like to tell.  More on that later.

As for my all-time top ten visitors, it runs USA, UK, Germany, India, Russia, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, France, and Ukraine.

That comes as no surprise, at least to me:  email scammers operate out of all of these countries.  At one time, I was being almost overrun with Russian and Ukrainian bride email scammers.  I continue to be inundated with online lotto scams, frequently attributed to the UK, and a few out of Canada. 

I'm sure India keeps looking in to see if I've grown enough to need a telephone call center yet.  Possibly for my Bonco product line of junk inventions, like Phffft Asure.

I'm not sure why I get so much traffic from France; I mean, I haven't asked them to surrender or anything.  As for Australia, well...there's just a lotta good blokes and sheilas there.

Occasionally, other countries show up in the stat counts.  Like when I poke fun at 72 virgin camels, I'll get an occasional turban apoplexy out of Iran.  I'm sure I'm not high on Ahmadinejad's "favorite infidels" list.

Anyway, I thought the stats interesting.  And you probably needed a nap.

Oh yeah...I haven't forgotten.  My favorite Netherlands joke.  I'll tell that another time ;-)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Okay I was waiting for that joke and now I have to wait. Bwahahahahahaha.

Have a terrific day. :)

27 August, 2012 11:51  
Blogger Right Truth said...

This reminded me of a guy I was/heard in New Orleans this week. He was leaning against a light pole on the corner of a street, talking on a cellphone via headset. It sounded like he was selling stocks or something with "shares" over the phone, very forceful. I gathered that the person on the other end of the line probably thought this guy was in a fancy office somewhere running a legit business. I hoped the person didn't buy anything. It was obvious from the conversation this was some kind of scam.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

27 August, 2012 16:08  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Ah, more entries! This week, Sweden, Italy, the Philippines and United Arab Emirates are looking in.

27 August, 2012 17:31  
Anonymous Riccard said...

The funyn thing, nowdays you even dont need to call Indians, they now even have developed a cloud from where everybody can work :D Look at this, ah and it is mobile!

28 August, 2012 03:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home