Wednesday, April 5, 2006

A CA Experience In Pictures

In January 1988, I made my second-ever business visit to California. A life-long landlubber (Iowa, SD, CO), I was astonished by the size of San Francisco and LA; I was lost in the traffic. I didn't care for the crowds.

I didn't yet know of the politics, but I'd not come to admire those either, and I digress.

But as I travelled south from Carmel along Highway 1, there was scenery this hyar farm boy had never seen.

These photos -- taken by moi -- are a side of CA I prefer to remember. And enjoyed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

That is the CA I'd like to experience. I'd love to drive up the coast of Oregon one day too. The photos are gorgeous!

I've been to San Diego several times and I like it there but it's too crowded to want to live there and they don't have mountains so that strikes it from my places I'd like to live list.

Have a good one!

06 April, 2006 07:22  
Blogger Monica said...

I lived in California for three years...why didn't you stop in and say hi?

06 April, 2006 13:56  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

From all the years I lived there (I lived in San Diego) I failed to capture it's beauty via pictures. I have the memories tho. Beautiful photos.

06 April, 2006 14:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly beautiful photos! I have never been to California but I think of it often.. especially in the dead of our cold northern winters.

07 April, 2006 08:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home