Thursday, June 3, 2021

Post 1770 Since June 2005

Don't seem possible...1770 posts since June 2005.

I have achieved a level of time wastage that impresses even my two pet rocks, what with them -- Seymour in particular -- being experts at it.

"PHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!"

Takes a gifted pet rock to be able to pass an audible raspberry like that.

I took up this blog in June 2005 after a run at publishing peculiar columns in a local newspaper ended, and after I began to phase out a website for the posts, which went buh-bye in 2007.

I never expected it to run on this long.

Scammers certainly wish it hadn't.

While the blog is accessible world-wide, and has been visited by points all around the globe -- not a table top as Flat Earthers insist -- I have never seen one visit or comment from Liechtenstein.  This disappoints me.


At any rate, I still get scam emails at the rate of too many a week, and while most of them are bad replications and repeats, one will occasionally pass through that garners enough of my interest to *play the game* as WWE wrestler Triple H likes to say, and screw some with the scammer.


My primary goal in this repartee with scammers -- to get an email 'death threat', a threat of legal action, or a 'you are being watched' warning -- I have achieved in abundance.  They still highly amuse me and cause me self-congratulation when I get a scammer to resort to his/her/its last court of resort (since none of them have the means to threaten an outhouse with a fart).  



Take for example one scammer who, after he realized that I was just playing him, threatened to have "African Ninjas" come and take out my character, and he followed up that they had arrived in California two days after the initial threat was posted.

That was six years ago.  They must really like California.


Then there's been the satisfaction I get when receiving an email from someone who was in the process of being scammed by one of the clowns I'd just screwed with; they came across my blog and realized that the 'person' they were in contact with was a scammer.  An occasional "thanks for tipping me off" email is always welcome.



I've also helped a few more local friends and colleagues be shed of online scammers they have encountered...those made for some really entertaining posts in these many episodes.


Frankly, I don't know how much longer I will maintain this blog.  I expected to cut it off at post 1000.  Like a bad habit, I became a bit addicted to screwing with morons.

So I don't know how much longer I'll keep this up.  My pet rocks, Seymour and Element, still love their contributions when they creative 'edit' scammer emails and news articles that amuse them.  Mebbe I do it just for them and that purpose.


I just know that as long as humans exist on this or any other cosmic orb, scammers will be like flies on dung.  For now, my character(s) and two 'editing gone wild' pet rocks, will continue our campaign to mess with them as often and amusingly as possible.

Seymour still imagines that he'll garner a Pulitzer for one of his editing efforts.

I rather suspect that this is as close to one of those as Seymour will ever get.

"Oh PHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!"




 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

A long run, Mike. I hope you keep doing what you do so well. I'd miss you if you quit. I know I think about quitting too. One day we'll do just that, but until then here we are.

Have a fabulous day. My best to Seymour and Element. ♥

03 June, 2021 07:00  
Blogger Herb said...

I will miss you if you go since you were one of the earlier bloggers I met. You also gave me great advice on doing scambaiting of my own, which I appreciate. I may not comment on every post but I do stop by and check/read every day. Good luck, though, if you do leave. (Now where will I find conservative memes?)

03 June, 2021 09:41  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

No immediate worries, Sandee/Herb: I already have four posts lined up. Tough habit to break, plus the pet rocks probably wouldn't forgive me...

03 June, 2021 10:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home