Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Hard Cell


Hate when that happens...got me a cell phone.
No, not one I bought; given to me by my employer.
Dagnabbit.
And no, it ain't a fancy schmancy one that can access the 'Net, flush toilets, compute time warps or launch missiles.
It's a pretty simple phone. It can call and be called (except where I live). It can text and be texted. Tho', danged if I know how, with them lil' keys and my big fangers.
Anyway, that's about all it can do.
The problem widdit is...it came with no user's manual. Dang.
But I knowd where I could get one: online. So I went online to get it.
*BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZER*
The user's manual online is in Adobe format. Yes, I have Adobe on my 'puter. But apparently, not an updated-enough version of it. So it bade me to update my Adobe version.
Sh**.
So I went to update my Adobe version. Apparently, I haven't done this in a while. In quite the while. Since my home desk top computer is on dinosaur dial-up, it told me that it could complete a download of all Adobe updates, since the last time I apparently did this, by June 30, 2011.
If I started now.
THEN -- and only THEN -- could I download the user's manual. All 17.75 megs of it.
A dink phone like this needs War & Peace to 'splain how to use it???
To put it in terms that my computer and employer-issued cell phone will understand ... byte me. If I accidentally launch missiles against Iran this weekend while trying to figger out my phone, my bad. Blame Adobe ;-) I know I will...

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Welcome to 1986, please enjoy your stay.

DUDE.

10 May, 2011 06:59  
Blogger Sueann said...

Ummmm I hate to bring this up right now..but it is the 21st century...seriously....!!!
You can do this...just one key stroke at a time.
Hugs
SueAnn

10 May, 2011 07:23  
Blogger Sandee said...

Go ahead and launch missiles against Iran. Bwahahahahahaha. I'll back you that it's Adobe's fault.

Have a terrific day. :)

10 May, 2011 12:33  
Blogger Right Truth said...

Seems like every time I turn my laptop on there is an alert for another update from Adobe. I've stopped downloading them.

Imagine that, a phone that sends and receives calls... I don't text, don't get on the web with my phone. I know some people need that mobility, but I don't

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

10 May, 2011 16:32  
Anonymous Leeuna said...

That's all my phone does and that's one thing too many. I usually keep mine turned off unless I need to make a call. I'm very antisocial that way.

11 May, 2011 09:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK.

I blame this and your missing invitation to the royal wedding on Seymour.

He's just frickin' with ya.

Hey, Seymour? Gawd luv ya, you DO keep this man on his toes!

jw

11 May, 2011 15:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home