Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Shakespearian Interlude


...not really.
My pet rock, Seymour, is being hosted in Virginia by a very accomplished, multi-talented teacher, writer, and painter of erudition and charm. Those who know me, know why it's the rock getting that treatment, and not yours truly* ;-) But I digress.
At any rate, an email from Seymour arrived early this day, and it is apparent that, as a part of Seymour's expanding reading repertoire, my learned friend is exposing Seymour to the words of the 'Bard.
It doesn't appear to be entirely sinking into that rather routinely thick skull of Seymour's, however. Take a gander at these Shakespearian thoughts from the Hard:
What's in a name? Letters. Duh.
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. Crapeth, there goeth the weekend.
What a piece of work is a man? Don't asketh his ex...
My words fly up, my thoughts fly up, why can I not keepeth mine fly up?
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears. My Mr. Potatohead lost his.
Eye of newt, and toe of frog. Must mean another damned GEICO commercial.
This thing of darkness is easy to stub thine toe in.
Is whispering nothing? Uh, yeahhhh, in a tornado.
O true apothecary! Don' need you, I'm already stoned.
I am dying, Egypt, dying. But I'm outlasting your stupid Sphinx. Phffft-eth.
Chance may crown me if I date her sister.
Brevity is the soul of wit; I don't find being short, funny.
Passing strange, only to be overtaken by it at a stoplight.
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? *BUZZER* Fail.
The better part of valor is discretion. The better part of discretion is chickensh**.
A thousand times good night. A million times don't call me.
Chaos is come again; Skunk's in the kitchen.
Hoist with his own petard. That'll leave a mark.
If Seymour comes home in leotards, he WILL winter on the patio.
"Will NOT!"
* well, that and about a billion other reasons ;-)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Shrinky said...

That's not debasing, that's utter brilliance! Sorry Skunk, I want more Seymour in here from now on - he's funnier and purtier (especially in the leotards..)

Hope your Christmas is filled with love and laughter, bonny lad.

19 December, 2010 05:45  
Blogger Unknown said...

You and Seymour crack me up! Have a great holiday!

19 December, 2010 07:47  
Blogger Sandee said...

Bwahahahahaha. Well what do you expect from Seymour? After all he's been living with you. You could be part of the blame here. Just saying.

I just love Seymour to pieces.

Have a terrific day. :)

19 December, 2010 10:11  
Blogger Right Truth said...

What's in a name ... letters. Good one. Seymour is on a roll.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

19 December, 2010 18:21  
Blogger Sueann said...

Seymour has absorbed the Bard on the wrong side of his brain!! The backside!!!!!
Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn

20 December, 2010 12:06  
Blogger Lawyer Mom said...

Skunk, you of all people should know Seymour favors thongs!

20 December, 2010 19:54  
Anonymous Seymour the PetRock said...

THAT'S right, LMM! I have a thong in my heart...does it have to be surgically removed?

21 December, 2010 06:47  
Blogger Serena said...

Merry Christmas to you and Seymour!:)

P.S. - I'm sending Seymour some really cute leotards.

24 December, 2010 09:43  
Blogger Sniffles and Smiles said...

WHAT???? Seymour is blogging now??? Oh, my!!! AND ROFL!!!!! This is pure genius, Skunk and Seymour!!!! Love, love, love it!!! And thank you for all the kind words!!! You are the best friends a gal could have!!! Merry Christmas!! Hugs!!! ~Janine

24 December, 2010 16:03  
Blogger Seane-Anna said...

Hilarious! "Debasing" the Bard doesn't get any funnier. Good on yer, Seymour. Merry Christmas and a blesssed New Year to you and Skunky.

24 December, 2010 21:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home