Saturday, May 8, 2010

WAAAAAAH-thering the Storm

*not only did I wind up with a second column from the alleged undergrad from MSU -- I won't name the prestigious institution misrepresented here, I'll leave that to a commenter later on -- but he kept it up in email, and later again in comments, getting increasingly irrelevant and personal...which merely gave me more to play with, as well as other commenters..again, from 2007*

Perhaps you'll remember back in early October, I had a column regarding how easy it was to start an argument, accidently or otherwise, by talking about politics, religion...or the weather. Well, a column written by Rick Rantamaki -- a tongue-in-cheeker about wishing his school guidance counselor had recommended he become weather forecaster -- got under the skin of one alleged-to-be undergrad in a college meteorological program. And when this character read my blog response to Rantamaki's critics, it got under his skin as well (to get an idea of how much, visit the column Politics, Religion....And the Weather? a few entries back, and look at the comments section).

Well, Mr. Alleged Undergrad finally quit leaving comments on the blog; instead, he continued his whining to me in email. And frankly, like my jousts with foreign email scammers, it got more and more amusing, in a "how LOW can we go" way, with each subsequent email he sent. Several times he pronounced that he was "done with this". At least until his next email tantrum, that is.

I didn't need to have kids; I've got all I can manage, dealing with 'kids' and their pouty peculiarities online (aka, scammers and one weather forecasting whaaaaaaaa-nabe). Though granted, I don't have to clean up after 'em this way. But I digress.

I'll at least do this individual the courtesy of not listing the name he went by or the email address he used; as you read his successive missives, I think you'll appreciate the courtesy this is. And yes, my regular blog readers...there is a bit of bad Skunk...bad, bad Skunk herein. Sometimes, the temptation to lower myself to the level of my opponent is just too strong to pass up. You women out there whom I know can appreciate that all of us males, at whatever level of 'adult' we achieve, retain the essence of a child in us; an essence that can resurface without too much encouragement.

Guess I should set the table as to why he left off in comments where he resumed in email: he had already assumed a faulty premise from Rick Rantamaki's column. That faulty premise: that Rick said or suggested that weather forecasters shouldn't interrupt his TV programming with storm warnings. Rick said no such thing in his column; and I asserted to the aggrieved party of the alleged forecasting whaaaa-nabe part, that he needed to go back and re-read the column and save himself the upset. Instead of doing that, he began a crusade to get me to declare -- with a simple "yes" or "no" -- if I thought weather forecasters should interrupt TV programming with storm warnings, especially tornado warnings.

Besides the fact the question was unnecessary, I reminded this alleged college undergrad that I had already answered his question on the subject. Early in our jousts in the comments on the blog, I wrote this: being an ex-farm boy from Iowa, weather jokes were rather common when a forecast went phfft. But even the most laughed-at forecaster back then got everyone's attention when they broadcast a tornado warning. I have never personally heard a living soul complain about having their TV programming pre-empted by a tornado warning for their area.

Last time I checked, I, too, am a "living soul". Far as I was and am concerned, the question was answered right then and there. I urged him to go back and re-read it for clarification. But that was, apparently, too tough an assignment for this lad of dubious reading comprehension: he kept up demanding, in various ways, a "yes" or "no" answer to an already discredited and frivolous question.

Please note for the reading sensitive and regular visitors hyar, that while I don't tend to use the language that this alleged college student did, I didn't edit out his use of it, either. Read it exactly as he wrote it. In fact, he insisted in one of his last salvos (after I closed out this entry) that I "quote him".

Careful what you wish for, Potty-Mouth; I did.

Thus he begins in email:

why can't you answer "yes" or "no"? That's all I want...as soon as you say one or the other, I will drop this whole thing (I have every reason to doubt that, especially if I'd tweaked him with a "no"). Why do you insist on beating around the bush and trying to make me look stupid by talking about some shit that is completely irrelevant? It's a simple question that just requires a yes or no answer. O.K....so evidently you answered the question already...well, tell me once again and use language that I can understand. Just say "yes, they do need to interrupt TV programming to save people's lives" or "no, they shouldn't interrupt TV programming to save people's lives". Is that so hard?

Bad Skunk...:

I'm just working with what you're giving me. As I have previously stated, your question is based on a false premise you incomprehensibly drew from Rantamaki's humor column (I've never met the guy, but he writes some rather funny stuff). Even after it was made clear to you he wrote no such thing about not wanting storm warnings to pre-empt his TV programming, you persisted in foolishly pursuing that line. First with him, and then with me. I answered your question in a manner that any literate college senior could and should be able to understand. I am not obligated to make it simple for you, merely because you insist it be so. The world doesn't make life simple merely because you insist it be so. Meteorology won't be simple merely because you insist it be so. All the technology of the day doesn't prevent occasional blown forecasts, and that should be very clear to any level of meteorologist, including you.

So choose, lad: focus on your chosen vocation, or on a silly argument that you lost with the first blog comment. Beyond my primary career, I have plenty of time to indulge in this for laughs and amusement. Do you? As a college senior, I would think not. But we are from different generations. Times and values change.

Like with some of my email scammers, I thought that might have put paid to it. Wrong:

Ok then...well, let's just imagine that I was a stranger on the street that you had never met and was conducting a survey, and I asked you "Do you think TV meteorologists should or should not interrupt TV programming to let people know about threatening weather?" You had to circle "yes" or "no"...what would you say? Fuck Rantamaki's column and everything else we've talked about...what would you say?

As others have learned with me, I treat the F-bomb as indication of a lost argument, and degradation of the validity of their point of view:

*Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*...employment of the F-bomb is indicative of a lost argument and the tactic of the last resort. If you were a stranger on the street and asked me what you just did, with the F-bomb qualifier, I'd give you no answer whatsoever, as you'd not be deserving of one.

That didn't go over well:

Jesus Christ, man...you have GOT to be kidding me. Ok...let's try this again then. Let's just imagine that I was a stranger on the street that you had never met and was conducting a survey, and I asked you "Do you think TV meteorologists should or should not interrupt TV programming to let people know about threatening weather?" You had to circle "yes" or "no"...what would you say?

Bad Skunk....baaaaad Skunk:

Yes, I suppose Jesus Christ was a man. No, I'm not kidding you. Now that we have that established, let's imagine that you're a stranger on the street that I never met, and you were conducting a survey, and the premise of your survey question was based on misunderstood original information -- due in no small part to reading miscomprehension on the part of the survey taker (aka, yourself) -- and I pointed this out to you. And despite having that pointed out, you continued to demand a yes or no answer to a question you've been told was, is, and will remain incorrectly concocted, as well as the fact that your question had been answered during the correction (by me) phase, and you were too obsessed at winning a silly argument, to grasp it. Would you be surprised if I just walked on and ignored you? Yes or no are options, not required answers.

And what is this "You had to circle "yes" or "no"...what is this, Russia? Iran? North Korea? Since when is a survey question asked by a total stranger that I'd never met, requiring of a yes or no answer? Perhaps in a totalitarian society; this one ain't, lad.

So before you throw another fit, go back one more time and re-read (a) Rantamaki's column and (b) all of my responses to your comments on the blog. If you read thoroughly and carefully, you'll not only find my answer to you has already been given, but you'll find the original question was unnecessary in the first place. Or you may opt to continue to have your tantrum. I'm good widdit, either way.

To quote the knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, "he chose....poorly":

Alright dude you're a fucking pussy that's too afraid to say what he really thinks...that's the bottom line (uh, not really, but he goes on). I understand every fucking word you have said, and here's what I got..."I'm a fucking pussy, I'm a fuckin pussy" (is that what you got? That isn't what I got...but that's what he says he got, and he goes on). So, I'm through with it! You're too scared to say yes or no because you're afraid of what you're great viewers may think of you. Fuck that man...say what you think (he don' read me vewy well or often, do he? But he goes on)! What I think is that you think that they should interrupt, but you don't wanna say that because you want people to believe that you could care less either way. That's what I think, and that's the assumption I'm gonna make unless you tell me otherwise. You know what...you should run for some kind of political office because you know exactly how NOT to answer a question and turn the whole thing around to make it something completely different from what it really is. Since you're so good at that, I think you would make one hell of a politician (do I sense an endorsement hyar? I think not as he goes on). This was no argument, but you tried to make it one by making false statements about me. Put yourself in my place (I'd have to dumb down way too much, no thank you, and he goes on)...what if someone wrote an article that said something like "all reporters suck balls and blow goats". Would you be happy with that (yeah, probably, since I'm not a reporter, but he goes on)? Naturally, you will say that you would laugh it off because of what's been continually discussed here, but deep inside you know that would piss you off (actually, deep inside I'd still laugh about it, but he goes on). And you just pick out things that are completely irrelevant and unnecessary to say like the circle yes or no shit. What was the point of saying that you fucking prick? Did you REALLY not know what I meant? I think you did, but you make yourself feel good by point out some stupid ass typos and once again changing the subject. You're a fucking loser....just keep writing your stupid ass blogs and making fun of people when they call you out on some of the bullshit you say. What ever you do...don't try to defend what they're saying about you by answering the questions (uh...yeah, what he said..and he continues)! Just try to point out some imperfections on them to change the subject and get everybody focused on something else.

Well, why not? I'll keep writing my stupid butt blogs with replies like this:

LMAO...and you were upset about being made to look stupid, eh (a few exchanges above, he complained about ME making HIM look stupid...)? Guess you don't care about that anymore. Fine with me. Having demonstrated in your very childish way that you've lost the argument you should never have engaged in from the outset, you've shown your true colors in the epithet-laden drivelfest you've concluded on (except that he ain't concluded, and I continue). My readers will be able to decide for themselves on this one, lad. Again -- though you assure me that no one else will read any of this -- I will acknowledge to any of your cyber-surfing classmates that your pithily expressed opinions and demonstrated reading inadequacies are not held to be indicative of the development of your peers, or the instructors who further your peers knowledge base. In fact, if any of your instructors wander by, perhaps they'll see the need therein to provide you with some remedial instruction and assistance, so as not to allow for any thought or notion suggestive of misrepresenting the quality of the (name omitted) undergraduate program.

After all, they wouldn't want it said later that when you melt down on the air because someone poked fun at one of your forecasting gaffes ("Oh YEAH? DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO F***ING DIE IN THEIR F***ING TRAILERS BECAUSE YOU MADE F***ING FUN OF MY MAKING A LITTLE F***ING MISTAKE ON THE F***ING FORECAST? YES OR F***ING NO!"), that you are a product indicative of the quality of their program.

Untrue to his word, he wasn't "through with it":

You know what...there's absolutely nothing left to say to this (so he keeps saying, and he goes on). I can see that you're not gonna budge either way to answer a simple yes or no question, so I'm through with it (no, he ain't, but he goes on). *Sigh* and there was no argument to start with...it was just me trying to get someone's opinion about something that seems to be harder than pulling teeth. For whatever reason you chose not to answer the question and cause me to waste I don't know how much time of my life dealing with a closed-minded, politically speaking, baby (he must be a progressive; he's not responsible for his actions, someone else is...and he goes on) that would rather turn a simple question into something that is completely off base. Well, dude, fine...you, I guess, "win" something that was not even a contest (I don't have to pay taxes on the winnings, do I? Baad Skunk, and he continues). So screw it...I know meteorologists should break in to alert people, and that is what I will do regardless of what people tell me (oy vay...the mental density hyar is something to behold, and he continues). Hopefully I can save a few people's lives that care enough to do something about it, and if the rest of them want to try to act like bad-asses and say "it's never gonna happen to me", well, then go ahead and let it kill them. I will at least have a clean conscience (since you spilled all the filth out in your emails, maybe you will, and he continues) and know that I did everything I could to help them. I will definitely feel bad about it, but there would be nothing else I could've done. So, again...yeah, you "win". I know all I need to know.

Well, no, he doesn't. But eh...what does ol' Skunk care? But ol' Skunk has another 'baaaad Skunk' moment, figuring he didn't mean what he said yet again:

Still harpin' on a lost cause, eh? Lad, you didn't 'win' because you simply don't pay attention. Good luck to any audience you forecast for, if you read a weather model as well as you read and comprehend text. You best work on that. From what I've seen here, work on it a lot. And I still don't consider the (name omitted) undergraduate meteorology program as faulted, based on just your demonstrated shortcomings.

Yeah, yeah...I know:

See...why did you have ot keep it going like that? I said YOU "won"...now who needs to learn about reading comprehension? And why did you have to say the thing about the meteorology program? That was completely unnecessary....everything that you have said about this is completely unnecessary. You're an idiot (a subjective opinion, not altogether inaccurate since I'm willingly continuing this dialogue, and he continues)! Ha...that's all there is to it. How does reading comprehension play into interpreting a model anyway moron? (duh, of course...you don't have to read and interpret a model...it tells you everything you need to think and say...*bonk* the whaaaa-therman, and he continues) So just shut up about all the reading comprehension stuff...shows how much you actually know about weather. By the way, I was just trying to say that I was through with this useless discussion (for about the umpteenth time, and he goes on) but you had to go on with your "lost cause". Again...who need to work on the reading comprehension now, skunkboy?

*Ear to ear grin as another baaaaaad Skunk moment evolves*:

You know (name omitted), you've convinced me of something: you're really not a college senior in an undergrad program. You're an 8th grader -- and I might be overestimating you even then -- who not only can't comprehend what you read, you're terribly immature and don't mean a single word you say, either. Several times now (my math may be as bad as his word, so I won't go back and count all of his "I'm through with this", and I go on) you've said you were through with this, via varied degrees of tantrum. And several times you're back, throwing still more of a tantrum. Do your parents know what you're doing on their computer? Bad (name omitted). Go to your room and take a time out.

And while you're standing in the corner, pouting over your bad behavior, I'll be mulling the entertainment versus the educational value of this series. When this post goes up on the blog, your penchant for making "terrible twos" look grown up will merely provide additional laugh fodder to the readers, to be sure. But perhaps more: many of my readers are parents themselves, and they'll look at this, look at their own kids, and suggest they make sure the kids not only learn their reading comprehension well, but they learn to mean what they say and say what they mean, too. And they might even throw in some points on rational, mature debate technique, too (not that ol' Skunk is a role model there, but I sorta digress and I go on).

As for you (name omitted)...storm on, lad. See what I just did there?

Yawp...bad Skunk. Baaaaad Skunk.

Now, His Nibs may fire back yet again (he did, twice more and as drivelly as heretofore, until with a last "so THERE!", he finally picked up his marbles and ran home to Ma), even after multiple promises to be "through with it". Perhaps to you readers, all we just had hyar is an adult (sorta) version of "is not!".."is too!"..."IS NOT!"..."IS TOO!". Maybe you'll argue it was equally demeaning to him and yours truly. Perhaps it was. But dang...it was fun. And be that as it may....I still won't trust a weather forecaster who can't comprehend basic English, and says there's no reading comprehension involved in interpreting a weather model. He better hope one of his alleged instructors doesn't happen by and read that little gem that qualifies as a full-fledged "don' git it".

Now, if he'd of said that there was nothing to interpret on a "weather model" who looks like Becky Ditchfield (KUSA Channel 9, Denver)...he and I just mighta had to finally of agreed on something. Rrrrowrrr (guys, just trust me on that).

NOVEMBER 23 ADDENDUM (WITH EMPHASIS ON DUMB): Well...(name omitted), as unable to read and comprehend as he is saying things he doesn't mean -- two superb character flaws for a future failure of a weather forecaster -- **** wasn't done yet, even though he said he was (again). And for all his claims that I steered the discussion off-topic, he had to come back, make some very off-topic comments and figure that I wouldn't have the guts to post them. LOL...here's **** and more of his childish drivel under the dishonest heading of "one last quick question":

I so badly wanted to be through with this, but I just found this to be all too funny. Why did you delete the comment about you being single? It's true isn't it? HAHA! You're just a fat, old SINGLE fart wh has nothing better to do than sit in front of a computer-screen all day aren't you? Well, listen man, you're gonna have to do more than "slap my wrist" to impress the ladies, ok? Hahaha!! Now...post that on your blog.

No problem, Junior. I'll even post my reply:

I had removed it because you were on restriction and you had expressed so much unhappiness about straying off-topic -- something you've done so much of -- I thought I'd help keep you on-topic by deleting the obvious loss of focus on your part. But to answer your last question (which, since you don't mean what you say any better than you understand what you read, I doubt it), I will be happy to add your last childish burst to the blog; you've even moved non-commenters to comment about you. Adding in this will merely underline and lowlight what they've already come to know about you and the complete embarrassment you bring and are to the MSU undergrad program.

I'll be happy to quote you here. Stupid is as stupid insists on being quoted.

That was fun. But as you read the comments section below, you'll see he still wasn't done; though once he started into insulting some female commenters, I did *bleep* those comments, and began using my latitude as "benevolent dictator" of this blog.

(2010 Note: ...when he started attacking female commenters, those comments of his I zapped, as unacceptable on this blog, then or ever. At any rate, he finally ran out of steam, and faded away. He resurfaced for one comment on a column almost a year later, but kept it civil. I hardly knew him ;-) At any rate, perhaps he's a weather forecaster today. Hopefully, a wiser one who takes care of his listening audience, when weather threatens. At any rate, enjoy the comments string).

Labels: , , ,

53 Comments:

Blogger Herb said...

Wall, ah dun graddyated from the sixth grade, but my maw woulda worshed my mouth out wit' soap if'n ah was to talk like thet thar prognosticator. When I wasn't laughing my butt off I was sincerely beginning to fear. If I send my daughter off to college, will they dumb her down like that, too? Is this, in fact, the product of "higher education?" Good God man, there are bats under the couch! You might want to check the 8th grade blogs, though, because he may be some 13 yr old who is showing all his friends, "I told this dude I was a college student and studying meteorology and he like so believed it. Dude, no lie, check this out..." and goes on to post the conversation. That's the only way to make sense out of any of this. It's really scary, though.

17 November, 2007 03:50  
Blogger deni said...

I wish that someone would teach these kids that the 'F' word is not an adjective, and if that is the best thing he could come up with, then he is still a child.

Using the 'F' word, does not make one the big man on campus, or in the school playground.

He needs to get off the merry-go-round and grow up, which is a little hard to do when you keep spinning in circles.

17 November, 2007 07:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...this IS pretty funny! See, I thought you would just post the conversation EXACTLY as it happened, but instead you had to add in your little commentaries. And evidently, nobody on this planet is very good at reading comprehension because the words I used in this conversation had nothing to do with what was being asked. I just asked homeboy a simple question, but because of his inability to comprehend what I was asking, he couldn't answer it. So I'd like to now ask his viewers....hopefully some of you can understand what I'm asking. Do....you...think....TV meteorologists....should...interrupt....TV programming....to...let...public...know ...about....threatening....weather? I hope that was broken down simple enough.

17 November, 2007 11:03  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

LMAO...I see the 8th grader is back from his *time out*. And with his same reading miscomprehension, and same silly litany as heretofore.

Nothing's changed ;)

17 November, 2007 18:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope nothing's changed...I still seek closure for an unanswered question. Haha...the "8th grader" is back once again. By the way, I LOVE the picture at the top of this blog...it must be like looking in a mirror to you huh? I completely misjudged you too man...I definitely should've taken this whole thing as a joke because that's all you are.

17 November, 2007 18:51  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Well, now that we have an admission from the young 'un, good boy...honesty is the best policy. Next, Reading Comprehension 101.

Readers: if you chose to answer the 8th grader's rudimentary and incomplete question (see his first incomplete comment), try to remember that it is an 8th grader, and simple syllables is best.

MSU Meterological Undergraduate Program: it is now obvious that you had nothing to do with producing this substandard product. You are forgiven. I am confident that only intelligent, educated, reading-comprehensive persons are posted to your program. The pretender clearly doesn't qualify.

17 November, 2007 18:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, not only do you have the inability to comprehend the english language, you also lack the ability to pick up on sarcasm as well. Don't try to sway your "readers" either, let them decide for themselves. I'm hoping they can think for themselves and don't need you to tell them what to think. Again, nice pic...hahaha. Oh man, that's funny.

17 November, 2007 20:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't comment often, but I see you hit a nerve with this idiot. This is a college student? God help the future.

18 November, 2007 03:06  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Anonymous: If you've read the entire series of exchanges, I wouldn't worry for the future, based on this one reading impoverished lad. Just enjoy the laughs while he continues to not get it.

18 November, 2007 03:15  
Blogger Stacy said...

Here's hoping our boy gets out there and makes his fortune while he still knows it all.

Lord, I hope his parents can get a refund on his tuition.

18 November, 2007 06:04  
Blogger Herb said...

Well, first, MSU, I think you should apologize for your rudeness and offensive behavior and language. I think your question addresses a moot point (That means it's not important) because you would have to be smart enough to get through broadcasting school and I can't believe that with the vocabulary you have that you will make it through any school. I have to say, from what I have seen so far, you are as stupid as the 409 scammers that are usually featured here. Why would you just keep on taking the bait? Perhaps you are a weatherfish, just for the halibut.

18 November, 2007 07:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, uh, Mister Herb sir...please excuse my rude and offensive language, it was completely uncalled for....pfft. Haha...that's pretty funny too. You know what man...if you don't like it, then don't read it. Simple as that. I guess your readers have the inability to understand the english language also, skunkboy, because it doesn't seem like they can understand what I'm asking either. Is it really that hard of a question? Geez...I really don't know how to break it down any more than I did earlier, so hopefully someone with some sense will come along and answer it. I still love the pic! Haha.

18 November, 2007 11:34  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Wow, what a smarmy little undergrad. Good luck in the future, Scooter, you're going to need it.

18 November, 2007 12:34  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

very immature 8th grader: I'm glad you like the picture, since you're epitomizing it with each comment and each continuance of not getting it.

For someone who complained about being made to look stupid, you sure don't seem to mind it now. But we've all got to aspire to something. Curious choice you've made, but it's yours to make.

18 November, 2007 18:09  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

18 November, 2007 18:16  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Oh, and I hope the MSU to which you are referring is Michigan State not Mississippi State. If, by chance it is Miss State, give me a shout and I will handle this instance like a good Mississippian and go to Starkville with my belt. I can't believe that one of our students would have manners as such.

18 November, 2007 18:17  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

two dogs: LOL, have at it. Ironically, that's a storm he didn't comprehend or forecast on the models. Guess he ain't very good at that, either.

19 November, 2007 03:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ahead and bring it two dogs, and I'll put that belt where it belongs....but I know I'll never see you because you have about as much guts as Skunkboy has reading comprehension abilities. Nice pic by the way, skunkboy...lmmfao. You see how off-topic we are now....that's all skunkboy can do. And you wanna talk about being rude, well check this out...My beef was not with skunkboy, people...I had a problem with RANTamaki, and skunkboy felt like he needed to take it up. So he's the one who started all this, and while he's trying to make me out to be the bad guy, it's him all along.

19 November, 2007 09:07  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

SF, you did not say whether it was Michigan or Miss State, but with his threatening demeanor, I will assume Michigan. I simply cannot believe that here in the genteel South, we would spawn such unruly cretins.

And yes, "you know who," I have actually driven from MS to Kansas to administer discipline to my sister's unruly child, so I guess Michigan wouldn't be too much further. It would give me something to do for my cardio.

Try some manners, dude. You e-mailed him and then held your breath until you turned purple when he didn't respond in the manner that you wanted. Grow up, punk, you are close to manhood.

19 November, 2007 09:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, no, no, buddy...I'm right here in Mississippi, douche, so come on and try to administer some discipline to me. I have all the manners I need...it's your boy skunkboy who needs the manners.

19 November, 2007 12:19  
Blogger Herb said...

Well, since he cleaned up his act a little, I want to know if he's talking about interrupting people's programming like they did in Holly, CO...half an hour after the tornado went through the TV prognosticators broke in saying a storm might be in the area. Of course the town was wiped out by then, but the "heroic" weather-folks did post a warning. And talked about it plenty and how could they possibly have missed it? While the Salvation Army and Red Cross were helping clean up. And they didn't apologize any more than you did. BTW, I wouldn't be so glib with Two-Dogs if I was you or me or anyone else.

19 November, 2007 12:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, listen Herb...I'll agree with you, that WAS very stupid for them to do. That was not very good on their part, but that's not what I was talking about. Since you seem like you may actually wanna discuss this, then I'll say it again. What I'm talking about is weathermen breaking in and talking about possible threatening weather before it happens? That breaks my heart for real about that. I hate to see anybody get hurt from weather-related disasters especially if they have no warning. That's what this whole thing was about, but it got turned into something completely different. I would've had to have apologized for that if it were me, even though an apology would do no good in that situation. That sucks man.

19 November, 2007 15:15  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Scab? Repicked. Awesome.

19 November, 2007 15:21  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Yep, I was right: he doesn't care about making himself look stupid anymore. Then again, he never has, from the beginning when he proved he couldn't read Rick's original column, let alone mine.

If you weren't so staggeringly pathetic throughout this two blog entries and series of emails, you could potentially bring discredit on the quality of the MSU undergraduate program. But, and as I have said before...I don't hold your abysmal lack of reading comprehension, accountability and common sense as indicative of the program itself.

Keep laughing, Ron D. of MSU. And we'll keep laughing right along at you.

19 November, 2007 18:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two Dogs...Your Two Cents don't mean jack to me because I know exactly what there is to you....NOTHING! Haha! So I guess you just need to shut the.....well, you know.

Ok, so who is Ron D first of all? What's wrong Skunkboy? Was the original topic being discussed again? Yep...that picture really fits ya...hahaha. I know I must be getting to somebody because if I wasn't, ya'll wouldn't keep this going....haha. Mission Accomplished!

19 November, 2007 19:49  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Dude, you have absolutely no idea who I am. You have no idea what you are talking about and are just rude. The owner of this blog took a question from you and answered it the way he chose. You proceeded to act like an eight year old and started blasting profanity around a place that doesn't appear to have much if any. Again, that shows immaturity and rudeness. That is why I suggested some discipline, obviously of which you have never had. If my son acted the way that you have, I would turn him over my knee and he is seventeen, six feet two inches tall and about 225. And I would do it easily and he would cry.

If it's any help to your simplistic one track mind at all, yes, I would like someone to interrupt programming to warn me of impending disaster. Remember, I am in Mississippi, the state that got battered by Katrina a mere two years ago. Who am I? I am a person that answered your question the only way that you would accept, dolt.

Now, I am not responding to your little pencilneck comments here again, go play with your Tonka trucks and leave the adults alone, Scooter. I will be back to this blog because it appears to have some things that I find interesting.

And if anyone or yo wants to address me directly, I would appreciate it if you would do it at my blog instead of polluting someone else's with barbs aimed at me. yet again, the manners lessons, this is rude. I try to keep my flame wars in my own backyard. Links to my blog are included, which has my e-mail address.

Skunkfeathers, I apologize for inciting this moronic drivel in your place.

19 November, 2007 21:15  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Two Dogs: don't worry about it. If I hadn't found this undereducated and undermannered lad's drivel amusing, I'd of zapped all of his comments at the outset, and wouldn't have taken his childish routine off Rick's site. So far, you all have found him to be exactly what he demonstrated himself to be to myself and Rick, and I figured you would. He just can't help but to make a fool of himself.

Since he called himself Jon D. in his email and was actually marginally alert to the fact I called him something else, just shows he can discern single syllable words (which also explains his love of four letter words).

But he still can't figure out his question was unnecessary as his premise for asking it was false and due entirely to his inability to read and comprehend. Nor can he read an answer to a useless or any other question, if it isn't phrased "simply". And this *complete* idiot thinks that reading comprehension is unnecessary in interpreting computer weather models. I ask you, what more shows he's an embarrassment to an otherwise quality university program that turns out otherwise intelligent, well-read, able-to-comprehend future weatherforecasters?

20 November, 2007 03:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, yep...cry me a river buddy. What's wrong..mad because he actually answered the question? It's something you can't do obviously.

20 November, 2007 08:11  
Blogger Karen said...

What this "commenter" doesn't realize is your incredible wit and intelligence, which I adore. A very bad, bad, bad Skunk is a VERY good, good, good thing. :-D

I would say, to this commenter, to get a life and perhaps spread his dung where it belongs - in the fields.

It is quite amusing though; he has no clue who he's up against. The Master, Skunkfeathers!

20 November, 2007 12:16  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Well, Jon D., you've quit worrying about making yourself look stupid and childish for some time now. But you're not allowed on this blog to make rude comments to the ladies. Any of 'em.

So..consider yourself spanked, and your childishness will be moderated until you behave at least as well as a well-mannered
9th grader.

This might be a stretch for you, incapable of English comprehension as you've proven yourself to be, but that's the ground rules ;)

20 November, 2007 18:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're kidding here, right? this punk wants to be a weather forecaster?

from what i read, he's no one i'd trust or rely on.

20 November, 2007 19:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't argue with some people, you will never win. I have a couple like that. If you agree with them, they will argue another point. If you disagree with them, they will keep arguing on one point and bring up a few more. this can go on for eternity. It's not worth it sometimes. Love you picture. WAAAAAAHHHH

20 November, 2007 22:23  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Very true, Debbie. As for the photo, I sought one that fit this Jon D. to a tee, and this one came as close as anything I saw.

He's still on moderation, since he's added being rude to the ladies to his repertoire of immature behavior.

21 November, 2007 05:35  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

*Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

You're still on time out, bad Jon D. Go sit in your room and think about it.

21 November, 2007 07:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend.

21 November, 2007 11:32  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

*Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* Jon D., you're still on time out, and still don't get it. But you amuse me with your continued childish silliness.

21 November, 2007 16:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I get it, and you hate it. Well, it's been fun, but it's time to end this. Now, that I've found out everything I need to know..even though it wasn't from you..talk to ya later buddy...haha.

21 November, 2007 23:49  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

LMAO...through with it again, eh? Found out everything you need to know, eh?

Well, across three blog entries and countless comments and emails, I have found -- as have my readers -- all I need to know about you, Jon D. And I still don't hold you against the balance of the MSU undergrad program. I'm sure the rest of that program produces a more balanced, able-to-comprehend-reading, mature crop of future weather forecasters. Even the best have to have a clunker slip into their system now and again.

Two Dogs and other readers have pretty well established that from your own whiny petulance.

You keep pouting, buddy. Now go back and work on your reading comprehension, which still sucks.

22 November, 2007 05:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skunkfeathers, I don't comment, I just read. But after reading this whole series, I have to ask: why did you waste your time with this idiot?

Funny read, though. If this really is a college student, it's an indication that higher ed isn't for everyone.

22 November, 2007 08:57  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

Okay, Jon D: your last childish blast is added to the bottom of the blog entry of relevance. Word for word ;)

23 November, 2007 06:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put the other one Geezer...haha.

24 November, 2007 12:56  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

LOL...yep, ol' Jon D. doesn't mean what he says any more than he can comprehend what he reads. MSU got screwed on that placement.

24 November, 2007 18:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, Skunk..I'm just a big liar...hahaha.

25 November, 2007 02:55  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

I knowd it...and now so do all the readers ;)

You're done here, punky brewster.

25 November, 2007 02:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I can't understand what I read, and maybe I don't keep my word...but I'm not a single old geezer! Hahaha!

25 November, 2007 18:04  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

LOL...Jon D. makes an ass of himself first, last, and always.

Bye bye, Jon D. Come back when you grow out of diapers.

25 November, 2007 18:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Mr. Skunkfeathers, do you suppose he has grown up at all since that exchange?

I grew up in the south, and my Momma would have used a whole box of Boraxo to clean up my language. (Well, not really), but for sure my fanny would have had a busting for every curse word that came out of my mouth. A lady would not use such language and a gentleman would never use such language around a lady. Just the way it was then.

Now days it seems that every word that comes out of both genders mouth is the F-bomb or some other sleazy curse word, and in public.
Now, mind you, I'm not saying "all", just most. Especially from the younger ones.

We went to a birthday party last night for my stepsons birthday. Many adults and children, as young as 3 and both the adults and teenagers 12yrs and up dropping the F-bomb all over the place and just cussing like a bunch of demented street thugs. One "lady" of 63 just about every word out of her mouth was F this and F that. I got very uncomfortable, as did my hubby, so we said quick goodbyes after a short period of time.

I just don't get it. Actually, I hope I never do. It's just all to much profanity for me.

Keep on keeping on, Sir! I think you are hilarious!

jw.

08 May, 2010 14:30  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Oh, Skunk...
Hugs :)

09 May, 2010 18:04  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

and kisses! :)

09 May, 2010 18:07  
Blogger Sniffles and Smiles said...

Well, I think the lack of educated vocabulary displayed by many today is atrocious...And I am in total agreement with you about profanity...definitely shows a lack of depth or thought...And having taught argumentation and debate...I would say, that once the profanity or character attacks have begun it is easy to judge who has won the debate! Amazing series of posts and comments, dear Skunk. You are a man of great patience! I truly admire that! Big hugs...and a standing ovation...you are the best! Janine

09 May, 2010 19:17  
Blogger Right Truth said...

I figure if you can't get your point across without profanity, then you have a very limited vocabulary.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

10 May, 2010 13:12  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

I had forgotten this punk, Skunkfeathers. This was hilarious to me.

10 May, 2010 18:43  
Anonymous Oral Steroids said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here!

15 March, 2012 02:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home