Thursday, March 8, 2007

Those Waskilwy Howidays


At a local mall in the Denver Metro Area, the "Easter Bunny" is being replaced. By the "Spring Bunny".
Why? Because the reference to "Easter" is deemed offensive to non-Christians.
Oooooookay...
Granted, the "Easter Bunny" has nothing to do with Christianity: as I heard it pointed out, it wasn't Harvey getting nailed to a cross over 2,000 years ago. In fact, the Easter egg thing is actually an adaptation from a pagan procreative ritual, which has nothing to do with omelettes, so I 'spect it wasn't French pagans, but I digress.
Now, I could well buy that this is simply nothing more than the liberal/progressive politically correct sect of atheists and other "it's okay to offend Christians" groups, taking and chipping away at the traditions of this largely Christian nation.
But that's too easy. So I took one of those "leaps of logic" I'm reputed for, and considered another possibility. One that might just make recasting the Easter Bunny more defensible and expedient.
Bullsh**, but here's the attempt hyar.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Happy EASTER to you and the EASTER Bunny. Spring Bunny? Please. Enough is enough.

I look forward to reading "more" but cannot access it here at work and have no idea why... what do you have on there, anyway? ;-)

Have a great day!

08 March, 2007 10:40  
Blogger Herb said...

Wow. Now I understand it all so completely. It makes perfect sense, in a sort of Skunkfeathers kind of way...

09 March, 2007 03:58  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Good Grief! What is wrong with people?
The Easter Bunny is the Easter Bunny. NO ONE here would put up with such nonsense!
And yes I am boycotting the new dollar coin and the pepsi can.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

09 March, 2007 22:24  
Blogger Monica said...

I heard about the Easter Bunny saga. It makes me ill. Just like Merry Christmas and both the EASTER bunny AND Merry Christmas will remain in my home and language.

The Pepsi can Raggedy mentioned is an urban legend folklore that was started just like the Dr. Pepper one was. But the coin one is accurate only it was supposedly a goof and those coins that weren't recalled hit ebay.

11 March, 2007 13:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home