Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A Blizzard In Pictures II





With another storm on the horizon (possibly the fourth in four weeks), it's time to provide a few more photos of Blizzard I and Blizzard II.

As I've revealed heretofore, I am a pseudo-technophobe. I don't have a cell phone. An ipod. A blackberry. An MP3 player. An Xbox or any such. And I don't have a digital camera. I still rely on good ol' 35mm film.

And a manual snow shovel, even if it has delusions of being plutonium powered, or whatever it thought it was (see a couple-three blog entries back, if I just lost ya; you'll need GPS help after reading that 'un).

Here are four more snowstorm photos: three from the pre-Xmas blizzard, and one more from the pre-New Years' storm.

From the pre-Xmas storm: my buried auto, ensconced in its carport, awaiting succor; the results of a couple hours of digging to liberate both it and the carport to the left of mine; and the infamous Mount Snowphfffft that resulted from my car achieving succor by my hand and that of my 'plutonium shovel'.

The fourth photo -- differentiated by the fact that it's still snowing pretty good when this was taken -- is from the second storm between Xmas and NYE; my plutonium shovel, mugging for the camera while giving me grief for having taken "a break" from shovelling.

Anyone wanna buy a talking, pompous ass shovel with delusions of nuclear power?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey You! Yep, YOU.

Do you remember in any of my comments me asking for snow? Nope. That was our friend KAREN.

So um...if you have anything to do with the four-letter word being bandied about for this coming Sunday? SHAME ON YOU.

Oh, and the Saints are going to win. In fact, I'm calling them to beat all for the Super Bowl. :)

Before you roll your eyes like the F of N does, just remember who called the 49ers/Broncos game, ok?

Monica

10 January, 2007 08:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blows my mind but I would still love having that much snow... but I would be more grateful for the snowblower ;-) But, perhaps a big plow would be better!

I'm glad you've remained safe in all the storms.

I could handle that snow shovel, I have duct tape!

10 January, 2007 09:35  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Your shovel looks bent to me?
I don't think I have seen such a curvy shovel before. It has been a long time since I looked at shovels. If we have to shovel at all it is with the ones I brought from the farm. With the truck and blade, loader, 4 wheeler with snowblade, snowblower and such we don't have to shovel much. But we are used to snow here.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

10 January, 2007 17:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...and I'm grumbling about the piddly little inch we got.

10 January, 2007 19:28  
Blogger Monica said...

You know that second anonymous was probably Karen, right? I sign my name since your blog doesn't like my new username.

Did I mention they actually used the phrase ICE STORM for Sunday? Do they not know we are in TEXAS? I've seen people do everything in their power to get someone back but a state pulling this off for FTS? Come ON.

11 January, 2007 06:13  
Blogger Karen said...

OHHHH THIS anonymous comment... YES, that was me that said I could handle the shovel. Let me at it.

Signed,
Karen

P.S. I have no idea why the first comment came across as anonymous; I was signed in. The wonders of Blogger....

11 January, 2007 10:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home